Monday, October 20, 2008

Margarita Island

We had no school on Thursday and Friday, so a group of teachers headed to Margarita for a fun-filled 4 day weekend.



The island is 14miles off the coast of Venezuela. You can get there by ferry or plane. It is a 2 hr ferry ride or a 15min. plane ride. The round trip plane ticket is $44.00
....so PLANE IT WAS!!!



This is the smallest commercial plane I have ever been on!





The island is gorgeous. We rented 2 houses on a beach called Playa el Agua. I thought the island was a good mix of Cabo & Hawaii. It had all the touristy stuff like Cabo, but it has more of a tropical climate that reminded me of Hawaii. The best part is the White sand & Turquoise water of the Caribbean!

We went Snorkeling and Scuba Diving



Here are a few of my favorite shots from the weekend...





















No comments:

About Me

My photo
Anaco, Venezuela